[openstack-dev] [Openstack-docs] Use of XML xi:include with xpointer

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jul 29 16:32:50 UTC 2013

I don't know if this will work, but this is how I used xpointer to pull in
content from one file to another:

Target file (pulls in content)

<title>Overview</title>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over1)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over2)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over3)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over4)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over5)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over6)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over7)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over8)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over9)"/>
<xi:include href="ch_gs_overview.xml"
                xpointer="element(over10)"/>
<xi:include href="section_virt_ext.xml"/>

Source file

    <title>Overview</title>
    <para xml:id="over1">Cloud Networks lets you create a virtual
        Layer 2 network, known as an isolated network, which gives you
        greater control and security when you deploy web applications.
</para>
    <para xml:id="over2">When you create a next generation Cloud
        Server, Cloud Networks enables you to attach one or more
        networks to your server. You can attach an isolated network
        that you have created or a Rackspace network. </para>
    <para xml:id="over3">If you install the &virt_ext;, you can create
        a virtual interface to a specified Rackspace or isolated
        network and attach that network to an existing server
        instance. You can also list virtual interfaces for and delete
        virtual interfaces from a server instance. For information
        about the &virt_ext;, see <xref linkend="section_virt_ext"
        />.</para>

etc.

Diane

Diane Fleming