[openstack-dev] Stuck trying to add a V3 plugin

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:18:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:

>  Hi Folks,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m trying to add a v3 plugin as part of the scheduler hints API BP – but
> although I’ve created the file in plugins/v3 and it looks OK compared to
> all the others in there it doesn’t even get turned into a .pyc in Devstack
> – so its as if the API loaded just doesn’t see that file at all.****
>
> ** **
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/34291/****
>
> ** **
>
> Can someone who understands the V3 api code take a look and tell me what
> dumb-ass mistake I’ve made this time please ?****
>
> **

I've responded on the review. I think its just a missing entry in setup.cfg
as without the entry point stevedore won't find the plugin. It actually
doesn't matter where the plugin lives as long it is in PYTHONPATH and was
installed with an entrypoint (eg individual plugins can live in their own
packages without nova knowing about them directly).

Regards,

Chris