[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Cinder] Driver qualification

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jul 26 01:05:47 UTC 2013

100% agree, its hard to handle these 3rd party type of drivers but I think we need to find out a way that will test it in a way that doesn't require having said 3rd party gear directly available.

Could it be possible to have CI gating be blocked/tested by individual subfolders of cinder.

For example when the solidfire driver is modified, this would cause a 'trigger' to say solidfire (via some API) that solidfire can respond with back saying said commit works.

Not sure if that’s feasible, but it does seem to be a similar situation in nova, neturon, cinder as more and more 3rd party 'driver-like' code appears.