[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron Network Statistics

Brian Haley brian.haley at hp.com
Tue Jul 23 18:19:38 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

There are some blueprints around getting metering information at the router
level, mainly so they can be fed into a billing system.  For example:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/bandwidth-router-measurement

There are patches out for review as well.

They are targeted more at an admin than a tenant though.

Some of the items you list are there for each instance if you just look at the
tap device stats, others might be in iptables.  It almost seems like having a
way to get port stats is what you want?  And you'd probably want to rate-limit
such requests, speaking with my provider hat on.

Like Nachi said, please write a blueprint for it.

Thanks,

-Brian