[openstack-dev] [Nova] New DB column or new DB table?

Wang, Shane shane.wang at intel.com
Mon Jul 22 14:02:05 UTC 2013

Daniel raised a good point, I also agreed that is not a good architecture.
Nova can't touch any monitoring stuffs - I don't think that is good.
At least, Ceilometer can be a monitoring hub for external utilities.

On the other hand, for the options Lianhao raised.
Is a query on a DB and a json column faster than the one on two-DB join?
I have no experimental data but I doubt it.

Thanks.
--
Shane