[openstack-dev] Hacking 0.6.0 Released

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 23:36:19 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am pleased to announce we have just released version 0.6.0 of OpenStack's
Style Guide tool, hacking.  In addition to bug fixes version 0.6.0
introduces several new checks:

H102: Apache 2.0 license header not found
H103: header does not match Apache 2.0 License notice
H231: Python 3.x incompatible 'except x,y:' construct
H232: Python 3.x incompatible octal %s should be written as 0o%s
H233: Python 3.x incompatible use of print operator
H501: Do not use locals() for string formatting

It will take a day or two for hacking version 0.6 to make it onto the
OpenStack pypi mirrors, at which time to use the new version of hacking,
change the upper limit in test-requirements.txt to 0.7, for example:

hacking>=0.5.3,<0.7

best,
Joe