[openstack-dev] [glance] need to pin jsonschema version for glance?

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Jul 17 18:45:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:03:53AM -0700, Mark Washenberger wrote:
> Actually, when I build out a virtual environment and install
> python-glanceclient, I get jsonschema 2.0.0. So maybe the problem is
> elsewhere? I also get python-glanceclient 0.9.0, but I notice that tempest
> requires python-glanceclient >0.5.0 (
> https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/requirements.txt#L11 ).
> What version of python-glanceclient do you have installed in the
> environment where there is a problem?

The glance v2 testing doesn't use glanceclient though. The glanceclient
dependency is only used for scenario testing. It makes http calls using
tempest's rest client:

https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/services/image/v2/json/image_client.py

Tempest uses jsonschema directly to verify requests before it sends them
by comparing against the schema it gets from the v2 api. I wrote it this way to
avoid having a broken schema pushed into glance.

I think that setting a requirement of >=1.3.0 is fine it should get us
around this.

-Matt Treinish