[openstack-dev] [Change I30b127d6] Cheetah vs Jinja

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue Jul 16 18:32:08 UTC 2013

Well, yeah. I have my opinion, too, since I've used a few of these in the
past. But I was trying to encourage a bit of discussion, rather than just
settling on whatever template library made it through the review process in
openstack/requirements first. :-)

For example, I'm less concerned with how "easy" the language is to use and
than I am with how actively maintained the library is and how widely it is
used elsewhere. Runtime performance will matter more in some cases than
others (it doesn't seem like generating configuration files needs to be all
that fast, compared to web pages).

Doug