[openstack-dev] Program Description for OpenStack QA

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:19:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hopefully none :) But it's not just a question of falling off the
> ATC-granting scope... it's also that devstack is a critical piece of our
> CI system and I'd therefore prefer if it was taken care of by a team (or
> set of teams) under the Technical Committee authority.
>
> It used to be a project separate from "OpenStack" but we brought it to
> the fold for that precise reason.

I was reluctant to contribute to a plethora of programs if it was not
necessary but it does not feel like there is a good fit for DevStack's
multiple purposes.  In my mind it is still first and foremost a
development tool and quick way to build an OpenStack implementation
for multiple other uses such as CI gating, Grenade, POC demos,
whatever.

Program proposal forthcoming...

dt

--