[openstack-dev] Proposal for new Program: OpenStack Deployment

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Jul 15 15:02:08 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Anne Gentle's message of 2013-07-10 07:47:19 -0700:
> Hi Robert,
>
> What's your plan for documenting the efforts so that others can do this in
> their environments? Is there any documentation currently for which you can
> send links?

We've been documenting the bootstrap procedure in this file:

https://github.com/tripleo/incubator/blob/master/devtest.md

This is intended as much as a "how to get started" as it is "how does
this actually work?". We intend to have a much leaner set of instructions
that will have many of these steps scripted.

Also elements have their own README.md which is intended to inform deployers
what to do with each piece:

https://github.com/stackforge/tripleo-image-elements/tree/master/elements/neutron-openvswitch-agent
https://github.com/stackforge/tripleo-image-elements/tree/master/elements/keystone

Long term I see us assembling those into a holistic deployment guide, and
mapping the configurations and relationships defined in the Heat templates
and elements to the corresponding parts of each project's manual.