[openstack-dev] [Savanna] Merge Fedora and Ubuntu DIB elements

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 11:43:56 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 07:34 AM, Ivan Berezovskiy wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I've sent a comment at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36690/ . So if

I believe the issue is a hadoop.rpm that is out of spec w/ fedora. For
instance, it claims to own things like /usr.

It also doesn't have a proper post-install to handle the library files.

I've not seen the issue. Please file a bug for it.

> we decided to merge elements, I suggest you to do it in the following way:
> 1. subdirectory root.d doesn't change.
> 2. subdirectory install.d should be used to install java on Ubuntu and
> Fedora
> 3. subdirecotry post-install.d should be used to install hadoop and
> configuring ssh on Ubuntu and Fedora.

What's the motivation for this split?

> 4. your changes in file first-boot.d/99-setup are OK, we only need to
> change them for Fedora 19, because default user in Fedora 19 is 'fedora'.

Agreed. AFAIK we don't have F19 yet, so please file a bug on this.
Whomever gets it should start tracking DIB (or help DIB get F19).

Best,

matt