[openstack-dev] [Nova][Horizon] Is there precedent for validating user input on data types to APIs?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at us.ibm.com
Sun Jul 14 19:47:45 UTC 2013

I'm triaging nova bug 1199539 and trying to determine if this should be
routed to Horizon, checked in the nova API layer, or just rejected as a
usage error.  In this case, the DB excepts an integer but an empty string
is being passed in from the user via Horizon.  I don't know if Horizon is
doing type checking on user input already and if so, we should just route
to Horizon?  Or if this is something to check in the nova code itself (or
just reject it)?

Thanks,

MATT RIEDEMANN
Advisory Software Engineer
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development

Phone: 1-507-253-7622 | Mobile: 1-507-990-1889
E-mail: mriedem at us.ibm.com

3605 Hwy 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901-1407
United States