[openstack-dev] Reset established vnc connections

Parthipan, Loganathan (Cloud Services) parthipan at hp.com
Sat Jul 13 20:44:22 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've proposed the following blueprint and would appreciate feedback.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/reset-vnc-console

This is in response to some of the security concerns around VNC we have seen in deployed clusters. An established console connection can be passive and the user cannot do anything if he suspects a connected adversary without changing VM state. In this blueprint we propose that we allow the user to reset any existing console connections using a client call something like

nova reset-all-vnc-consoles <server>

My search didn't point towards any existing effort/blueprints in this line but please let me know if there's one so that I can join that. If not I'd like to start work on this.

Thanks
~parthi