[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Campus Network Blueprint

Zang MingJie zealot0630 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:08:16 UTC 2013

Hi Filipe:

I disagree your ml2-external-port BP

It is unsuitable to connect multiple l2 networks directly, there may
be ip conflict, dhcp conflict and other problems. although neutron
dhcp agent won't respond dhcp request from unknown source, an external
dhcp may respond vm dhcp request. If we move an external port form a
network to another network, how can we ensure that the arp cache is
cleared.

And it will aslo make l2-population bp (
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/l2-population ) more
difficault. Our l2 forwarding works better if the device knows the
whole topology of the network, but the external part is totally
unknown.

So, I suggest a layer-3 solution, where the out world connects to vms
via l3 agent.

Thank you for sharing the idea
Regards