[openstack-dev] AMQP Version upgrade plans?

William Henry whenry at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 16:06:10 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/08/2013 10:51 AM, Ted Ross wrote:
> > If someone from the Qpid community were to work on integrating the new
> > AMQP 1.0 technology into OpenStack, where would be the right place to
> > start?  Would it be to add a new transport to oslo.messaging?
>
> I think so, yes.  oslo.messaging is new, but it will deprecate the
> existing 'rpc' library in oslo-incubator.  All projects will need to
> move to oslo.messaging, so for something new I would focus efforts there.

I think that one of the important points that Ted brought up is that AMQP 1.0 doesn't have the concepts of broker artifacts like exchanges etc.

A recent change I proposed to the existing impl_qpid.py which focuses more on addressing and not exchanges is a very important first step to solve several issues: a recent qpidd leak issue, transitioning to AMQP 1.0 (addressing), and possible HA solutions.

This is an area I'd really like to continue to help out in. I'm back from some vacation and would like to get stuck in soon.

William