[openstack-dev] Work around DB in OpenStack (Oslo, Nova, Cinder, Glance)

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Thu Jul 11 09:18:55 UTC 2013

Mark, John, Nikola,

Current in oslo we would like to put only 2 functions:
1) generic method for creating shadow table
2) generic method that the columns are same in shadow and main table

So migration that adds shadow table could be done after all other works,
when we finish improving of db-archiving utils (that moves deleted rows to
shadow tables), to avoid problems that noticed Nikola.

These 2 functions won't be affected and will be used in future in cinder,
glance and they are already used in Nova. So I don't see any problem to
push it into oslo at this moment.

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic