[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service Type Framework implementation

Mark McClain mark.mcclain at dreamhost.com
Wed Jul 10 00:37:10 UTC 2013

On Jul 9, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Nachi Ueno <nachi at ntti3.com> wrote:

> We have two suboption for db api based solution
>
> Option4. REST API + DB with Preload with Conf
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v0nLTEsFOwWeYpYjpw4qe3QHB5lLZEE_b0TmmR5b7ic/edit#slide=id.gf14b7b30_00
>
> so IMO, we can drop  option3.
>
> I believe option4 is easy to implement.

I'm not onboard with option 4 either.  At the last summit, we talked about making Neutron easier to deploy.  Using a database to sync configuration state adds complexity.  Having some values in a configuration and others in the database (even cached) is a recipe for a major headache.  For the deployments running multiple instances of Neutron, they should be using Chef, Chef, Salt, etc for managing their configs anyway.

Using only configuration files (option 1) remains my preference.

mark