[openstack-dev] [Keystone] How to write unit tests for db methods?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 17:39:51 UTC 2013

I'm assuming you're referring to testing backend drivers as opposed to
database migrations (tests/test_sql_upgrade.py).

Backend agnostic tests land in tests/test_backend.py. Backend-specific
tests, overrides, etc belong in tests/test_backend_sql.py,
tests/test_backend_kvs.py, etc.

Generally, you can't assume that keystone is backed by a database, however,
as it's entirely possible to deploy without one.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Akshat Kakkar <the_akshat at yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> How to write unit tests in keystone for the methods which are directly
> calling the backend db? I understand that for testing purpose it should be
> a *fake db*, but how to do that in keystone?

-Dolph