[openstack-dev] Combination of ComputeCapabilitiesFilter and AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter

Jérôme Gallard jeronimo974 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:42:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to combine ComputeCapabilitiesFilter and
AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter. However I probably missed
something, because it does not work :-)

Both filters are activated with the following order:
ComputeCapabilitiesFilter, AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter.

I created a flavor with the following extra_spec:
* capabilities:hypervisor_hostname=node1
* class=good

I created an aggregate containing node1 with an extra_spec:
* class=good

When I start a new instance with the previously created flavor, the
ComputeCapabilitiesFilter can't find an available node. I put some
debug inside the filter. From my understanding, it seems that,
ComputeCapabilitiesFilter manage to find the first spec
"capabilities:hypervisor_hostname=node1" into the list of metadata
provided by the host node1 : the first iteration of the loop is OK.
Then this filter continues with the "class=good" spec and, of course,
it fails and the filter returns that there is no available host.

Do you have an idea about what I'm missing? How to tell to
ComputeCapabilitiesFilter that the "class" key is not for it?

I read the detailed documentation about filter_scheduler (
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/filter_scheduler.html
). But I didn't manage to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jérôme