[openstack-dev] [horizon] python-selenium is non-free, Horizon shouldn't use it

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Thu Jul 4 10:03:08 UTC 2013

On 04/07/13 11:27, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Horizon seems to use python-selenium. The problem is that, in Debian,
> this package is in the non-free repository. So I strongly suggest to not
> use it for Havana. That otherwise would put Horizon into the contrib
> repository of Debian (eg: not officially in Debian), or eventually,
> remove any possibility to run the unit tests, which isn't nice.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Selenium is used for tests during development, it is not a runtime
requirement at all.

Would that still make it non-free for Debian?

How did Horizon went into Debian packages at all, since the situation in
this front is unchanged for at least a year (just curious).

Matthias