[openstack-dev] Issues with "git review" for a dependent commit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 4 02:23:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-03 09:04:04 -0700 (-0700), Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> Oh, I didn't see that you added -x/-X/-N.

You in the collective sense at least. Credit for that goes to Miklos
Vajna, who had to do a good bit of convincing us it was safe/useful.
And now I use it frequently, if fairly carefully, for things like
building dependent series from previously unrelated changes. I'm
glad I listened!

> I can simplify my backport script[1] significantly now.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/vishvananda/2206428

Neat! I had no idea you were doing that via git-review.
--
Jeremy Stanley