[openstack-dev] [nova] volume affinity filter for nova scheduler

Jérôme Gallard jeronimo974 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 16:59:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Russell, I agree with all of your remarks, and especially with the
fact that placement details "have to be avoided" to be exposed to
users.

However I see a possible use case for the filter. For instance, if we
consider the BP "Support for multiple active scheduler drivers" (
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multiple-scheduler-drivers
): a cloud provider may want to provide a specific class of services
(on a dedicated aggregate) for users who wants to ensure that both
volumes and instances are on the same host and use the weight function
for all the other hosts.
Does it make sense?

Regards,
Jérôme