[openstack-dev] [nova]Discussion of the inconsistency between api and backend compute driver limitations.

guohliu guohliu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 3 11:41:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

As we know, nova have different compute drivers with different
limitations, you can see in this link,

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix

but the api doesn't reflect that, which means when the user performs
some operations via APIs, user can not get well defined message of the
limitations, most likely just get error status. I am thinking this
problem for a while and feeling a limitation filter might be needed in
current api design to filter those limitations and directly return well
defined message, I apologize if this problem has been already discussed
but I missed it, looking forward to your comments.

Best Regards

guohliu