[openstack-dev] Issues with "git review" for a dependent commit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jul 2 20:52:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-02 20:14:35 +0000 (+0000), Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
> I'm trying to submit a gerrit review for a commit which is
> dependent on another person's commit [1].
[...]
>  ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/publish/master/bp/ml2-vxlan (no changes made)
[...]

I want to say I've seen this recently when someone copy-pasted from
one commit message to another and included an existing Change-Id
header, so you might amend and clear that line from the top commit
before reviewing again (it'll get regenerated fresh).

If that doesn't work, could you push your working branch to
somewhere I could pull from so I can test it myself? Feel free to
follow up with me in private or open a bug against git-review on
Launchpad if you don't want to run through troubleshooting
back-and-forth on the list.
--
Jeremy Stanley