[openstack-dev] Move keypair management out of Nova and into Keystone?

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jul 2 20:32:27 UTC 2013

On 7/2/13 12:43 PM, "Simo Sorce" <simo at redhat.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 16:55 +0000, Tiwari, Arvind wrote:
>> Hi Simo,
>>
>> I am lost.
>>
>> Does Barbican is product came out of
>>https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/KeyManager BP?
>
>Yes Barbican is an implementation of this Blueprint afaik.

Barbican is based on the goals of this blueprint. We revised a lot of it,
but the goals are the same. The current documentation can be found here:

https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki

https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican

>> If yes, then why it is deviating from the BP which says Key Manager
>>will be separate service but not a part of Keystone.
>
>Sorry I don't follow, Barbican is separated from Keystone.

Correct. Barbican is a separate service. We use Keystone for auth
(obviously), but we have our own infrastructure.

Jarret