[openstack-dev] Move keypair management out of Nova and into Keystone?

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Tue Jul 2 10:26:35 UTC 2013

Yep - following the pattern set by things like the floating IP and SecGroups APIs as these moved to Quantum would defiantly be the way to go.

Beyond just the Nova API shim we'd need to change the logic in the server creation to get the key value from Keystone rather than the Nova DB.
There is a KeypairAPI in compute/api.py but not everything is abstracted to use it at the moment.   If we tidy that up then that would provide the redirection point to Keystone.

It would also be really good if there was a migration tool developed at the same time to migrate existing keys from Nova to Quantum.

Phil