[openstack-dev] RFC: Basic definition of OpenStack Programs and first batch

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 2 09:32:05 UTC 2013

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> """
> 'OpenStack Programs' are efforts which are essential to the completion
> of our mission. Programs can create any code repository and produce any
> deliverable they deem necessary to achieve their goals.
>
> Programs are placed under the oversight of the Technical Committee, and
> contributing to one of their code repositories grants you ATC status.
>
> Current efforts or teams which want to be recognized as an 'OpenStack
> Program' should place a request to the Technical Committee, including a
> clear mission statement describing how they help the OpenStack general
> mission and how that effort is essential to the completion of our
> mission. If programs have a goal that includes the production of
> a server 'integrated' deliverable, that specific project would still
> need to go through an Incubation period.
>
> The initial Programs are 'Nova', 'Swift', 'Cinder', 'Neutron',
> 'Horizon', 'Glance', 'Keystone', 'Heat', 'Ceilometer', 'Documentation',
> 'Infrastructure', 'QA' and 'Oslo'. 'Trove' and 'Ironic' are in
> incubation. Those programs should retroactively submit a mission
> statement and initial lead designation, if they don't have one already.
> """

Oops. In this variant, Trove and Ironic, as programs, would not be "in
incubation" (only one of their deliverables would). That last paragraph
should be fixed as:

"""
The initial Programs are 'Nova', 'Swift', 'Cinder', 'Neutron',
'Horizon', 'Glance', 'Keystone', 'Heat', 'Ceilometer', 'Documentation',
'Infrastructure', 'QA', 'Oslo', 'Trove' and 'Ironic'. Those programs
should retroactively submit a mission statement and initial lead
designation, if they don't have one already.
"""

Maybe Ironic should be merged into the TripleO program when it's considered.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)