[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Nova] Why migrate_version not InnoDB?

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Mon Jul 1 16:49:03 UTC 2013

'Stackers -

I've got a review up in Keystone that converts tables from MyISAM to InnoDB
[0], which I patterned after a change in Nova. One of the comments in the
review is suggesting that the migrate_version table should also be changed.
The reason I didn't include migrate_version is because that's the way Nova
did it, but other than that I don't know why migrate_version should not be
converted. The Nova code is pretty explicit that migrate_version isn't
changed [1]. Maybe somebody who knows MySQL or SQLAlchemy-migrate better
than I do can come up with a reason why migrate_version shouldn't be
changed from MyISAM to InnoDB.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33102/ - Use InnoDB for MySQL
[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/tests/db/test_migrations.py#L331