[openstack-dev] LBaaS Pool Member API

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Thu Jan 31 09:22:32 UTC 2013

As far as I know, such capabilities are planned in the HEAT project.

From: Ilya Shakhat [mailto:ishakhat at mirantis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:37 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] LBaaS Pool Member API

Hi Srini,

The current LBaaS API can be thought as low-level API. I agree that there should be one more layer that handles VM Group and whenever it changes calls LBaaS API and modifies members. That layer may also handle things like monitoring (restart hanging instances), performance (expand VM group), etc. I suppose it is an area we need to consider for the post-grizzly release.

Thanks,
Ilya