[openstack-dev] [quantum] [tempest] Question on tempest devstack runs for Quantum

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Wed Jan 30 22:32:20 UTC 2013

Miguel:

Thanks for the information below. The blueprint you are working on is indeed very useful. But I don't see anything around the ability to actually load a specific plugin and test it. Or did I miss that part? I think for the open source plugins, having the ability for the CI system to somehow detect this and use it for the tempest run would be very useful. For example, there's no way the Ryu changes I just reviewed would have passed through the CI system because they require a specific branch of the Ryu code to run. So devstack doesn't even work unless you use that branch. Yet the tempest run in the review passed ok. This sort of false-positive could be fixed if we could use more than just the OVS plugin for tempest runs.

Thanks,
Kyle