[openstack-dev] rxtx factor in instance types

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Jan 30 21:43:13 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Can anyone point me to where the rxtx factor of an instance type is currently used in the code please ?

I was thinking about the use case of having instance types which are differentiated by their network bandwidth, and how that could be accommodated in a scheduler filter and passed down to the virt layer for cgroup configuration, and the rxtx factor seems to be the obvious starting point - but I was struggling to see how its already used.

Has anyone else looked at this as an issue ?

Cheers,
Phil