[openstack-dev] Motion on Technical Committee membership for Spring 2013 session

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 25 20:48:00 UTC 2013

John Dickinson wrote:
> What is the rush? If we do not change the rules right now, what happens? We end up with potentially 2 more members of the TC for the next six months. How is this an onerous burden? I suggest we continue the discussion without fear of a deadline and don't worry if we need to spend some extra time exploring different possibilities.

Yes, if there is no consensus that the solution presented is the best
and a number of people prefer we spend more discussion and time to come
to a better decision, then I'm fine with that.

We'll end up in the Spring session with a slightly-bloated committee,
but which will hopefully still be able to meet in good conditions and
make decisions. And I hope that the fear of dilution won't factor in
members' decision to accept or reject new projects.

I still personally think having all 13 members directly-elected (with or
without a minimum PTLs number) is the right solution. But if I can't
convince 9 TC members to approve it now, or 4 people prefer to reject /
abstain / be absent for the vote, then it's proof it's not as consensual
and wanted as I thought it was :)

--
Thierry