[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Metering] Should Ceilometer adopt the HACKING guidelines?

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Thu Jan 24 17:13:41 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 12:04 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24 2013, Sandy Walsh wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst
>>
>> It makes code reviews easier when coming in from other projects.
>
> Yes -- though I'll be very reticent to lose my time ordering import
> lines alphabetically manually just because pep8 doesn't catch that
> itself.

I think there is an extension/utility that Nova uses to cover the
Hacking Guide.

We'll just have to follow the rule of "if you touch a file, fix it up"
until we get coverage. Then turn it on. It's a minor tweak from where we
are now.

Not sure about the whitespace and docstring stuff, how that'll affect us.

-S