[openstack-dev] Motion on Technical Committee membership for Spring 2013 session

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Jan 24 13:08:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:26 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>wrote:

> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >> 2. Amend the "Election for PTL seats" section like this:
> >>
> >> =Election for PTL seats=
> >> PTL seats are completely renewed every 6 months. A separate election is
> >> run for each core project and each library project that has its own PTL.
> >> These elections are collectively held *4* weeks prior to each design
> >> summit, with nominations due *5* weeks prior to the summit and elections
> >> held open for no less than five business days.
> >
> > Continuing to refer to PTL "seats" is a bit strange - how about
> > s/seats/positions/ ?
> >
> > i.e. the PTL role is a position within the project, not a seat on the TC
>
> Agreed, let's make that:
>
> =Election for PTL *positions*=
> PTL *positions* are completely renewed every 6 months. A separate
> election is run for each core project and each library project that has
> its own PTL. These elections are collectively held *4* weeks prior to
> each design summit, with nominations due *5* weeks prior to the summit
> and elections held open for no less than five business days.

For the record, I'm fine with option 3, just want to be sure it "sticks"
and isn't a reactionary change.

I agree with Mark that there are no PTL seats. Is it possible that a PTL is
going to "lose" their TC seat if they lose the PTL election at the
six-month mark and the seats are for a year?
(Thinking of the defined "renew half the committee every 6 months (and be
elected for a one-year term)" from a previous thread.)

Thanks,
Anne