[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Domains, Projects, and Groups are all collections

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 21:06:37 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 03:54 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> Two points. First you meant authz not authn, which threw me.
Yep. Sorry for the confusion.  Authorization, not authentication.
> Secondly you must surely use tenants/projects for authz as well as
> roles. And surely the CSPs make use of this attribute as well do they
> not?
Yes.  Specifically, a role assignment is an attribute of a user that
links them to a project.  All the other organizational and workflow
containers come down to specifying this.

So if the user has to have the "master" role in the "dojo" project, the
attribute for access control would be specified  something like
"role=master,project=dojo"