[openstack-dev] Packaging pain tales

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 23 17:04:33 UTC 2013

Ionuț Arțăriși wrote:
>> Version: 2013.1.a21.g21cf2cf
>>
> Ok, it seems it's fixed now and we got the 2013.1.a21.g21cf2cf version
> which we can work with.
>
> We did however get a 'grizzly.2.19.g43f8697' version a few hours ago
> from the glance-master.tar.gz which is what caused the confusion.

Yes, the previous version looked very bad. Keep me posted if the new
scheme still causes packaging headaches to you.

FWIW, those changes to interim non-release tarballs were motivated by a
simplification of the release/versioning processes that should
ultimately enable us to have a single mechanism (rather than 3 different
for core projects, oslo libraries, and client libraries).

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack