[openstack-dev] [swift] [keystone] Keystone v3 API domains in Swift

Alexandra Shulman-Peleg SHULMANA at il.ibm.com
Wed Jan 23 10:23:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to get back to this discussion and specify the exact syntax
of ACLs that can be used when removing the global uniqueness constraint on
user names. I wander whether we really need to prefix both the
project_name and the username with the domain id? Especially, since on
ACLs we mainly need to properly identify the user and not the project. So
the notion of a project may not be required in this context? For example,
in NFSv4 ACLs (also adopted by CDMI) users are identified by
username at domain. So I wander whether on ACLs, in V3 we can simply switch
from tenant_id:username to domain_id:username? This seems to fulfill the
identification requirements and will give a very simple solution for the
migration of existing v2 customers to private domains in V3 ? assigning
the new domain_id to match the old tenant_id will allow preserving all of
the stored containers without the need to modify the containers' meta
data.

Best Regards,
Alex.