[openstack-dev] swift client for Xen on dom0

Nikhil Komawar nikhil.komawar at rackspace.com
Tue Jan 22 23:29:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have a review patch in Nova https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17803/, which is making us contemplate on the best possible way to communicate with swift from the dom0. The two  options mentioned below have pros and cons:-

1. either emulate swift client
2. or install python-swiftclient on dom0

On trying out both on them, we have realized some pain points involved in deployment and maintenance process. Also, as John has correctly pointed out in the review, we need to keep in mind about having the same code in 2 different places, especially for security fixes.

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated and we wish to discuss about this in the XenAPI IRC meeting on Wednesday Jan 23rd as well.

thanks,
-Nikhil