[openstack-dev] [XenAPI] One issue on xenapi environment setup

Mate Lakat mate.lakat at citrix.com
Tue Jan 22 15:27:36 UTC 2013

Hi Jiang,

This makes sense, you are stuck at #1. So what happens, is that the
install_os_domU script is starting a new VM with a preseed file. Your
problem, is that the automated installation fails during the dhcp
request. You should never need to interact with the installer.

Are you sure, the networking settings are correct?

If the DHCP request succeded manually, maybe, you need to increase the
dhcp timeout. Please look at your preseed file:
devstack/tools/xen/devstackubuntupreseed.cfg

And try to increase:
netcfg/dhcp_timeout

That might help.

Networking: look at the logs, and see what is the value of:
HOST_IP_IFACE - this will be the interface within the VM, that will be
used during the installation. Make sure it has the proper value.

Mate

Mate Lakat