[openstack-dev] blueprint AMQP RPC single per process response queue performance improvement

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:24:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Ray Pekowski <pekowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) How are you benchmarking your performance improvements?
> Funny you should ask.  You wrote an article or blog on how to create a
> dummy OpenStack service, so I imagine you would have done it the same way.
> I can't find the link right now and I didn't actually use your article.  I
> just came across it after I had done my work.  I created a bare minimum
> services that simply exposed a few RPC calls for test purposes.  I then
> wrote a load driver to drive those RPC calls.  I replicated it to 9
> services (kind of arbitrarily chosen and due to time constraints) on 10 VMs
> and added 3 RabbitMQ server VMs.  Then I did a series of tests maxing out
> throughput for each service and adding more services over time until all
> load generator/services were running at maximum rate.  I tested for 1, 2
> and 3 RabbitMQ servers, with and without mirroring.
> It was a Dell internal study.  I will check if to see if I can share the
> results.
I got approval to share the results of my scalability study of RabbitMQ as
used by OpentStack done as part of my work at Dell.  It shows the
improvement that comes from the single response queue change proposed by
the blueprint.  Here is a link:


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/attachments/20130117/0fea907b/attachment.html>

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list