[openstack-dev] Availability Zones

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Jan 17 18:17:04 UTC 2013

Hi George

a)      in what circumstances availability zones show up in an OpenStack deployment

Only if you have specifically configures them.  Until recently this was via the nova.conf file on each compute host.    Now you use the API to create an aggregate as an availability zone and add hosts to it.

b) how do I list them via API?

I think that currently only the EC2 APi has this capability - but there is a blueprint to add something similar to the OSAPI.    If your using the newer aggregate model then you can list the aggregates via the API.

Hope that helps,
Phil