[openstack-dev] [Heat] Introducing Heat Plugins

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 14:07:12 UTC 2013

One much-requested feature that we have added to Heat is the ability for
OpenStack operators to plug in custom resource handlers. For anyone
interested in doing so, I've just added documentation on how to do this
to the wiki:

http://wiki.openstack.org/Heat/Plugins

The current policy - as just made up by me on-the-hoof and promptly
documented on that page - is that we will maintain resources for Core
OpenStack services in the Heat tree and that other projects wishing to
ship Heat resources should maintain them as plugins out-of-tree. I'm
suggesting that policy because it seems to be working fine for Horizon,
but of course feedback is always welcome.

cheers,
Zane.