[openstack-dev] [Quantum] A generic approach for converting DB objects into dictionaries

Avishay Balderman AvishayB at Radware.com
Thu Jan 17 09:27:22 UTC 2013

Hi
Another thought.. maybe your concern is that the MODEL_TO_API_MAP example that I gave below contained DB objects from various "domains" (l3_db,models_v2,securitygroups_db) and you think that my intention is to have only one mapping that will serve all quantum DB objects. The mapping below just reflected the unit test I have created. You can have a separate mapping for each domain and include it in the same module that handle the API to DB and DB to API functinality.
Example:
db_base_plugin_v2.py will hold the mapping for models_v2

Thanks

Avishay

From: Mark McClain [mailto:mark.mcclain at dreamhost.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:14 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Quantum] A generic approach for converting DB objects into dictionaries

While it does make sense to move serialization closer to the models, I'm -1 on this particular approach.  The proposal increases the repetitive code by adding yet another place we must modify when changing the model or API.  We should be heading towards something that satisfies the DRY principle.

mark