[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Metering meeting agenda for Thursday at 15:00 UTC (Jan 10th, 2013)

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Thu Jan 10 16:05:09 UTC 2013

The meeting just ended, here is the summary :

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by nijaba at 15:00:05 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2013/ceilometer.2013-01-10-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  15:00:06)
* actions from previous meeting  (nijaba, 15:01:14)

* llu to report agreement result to wiki page  (nijaba, 15:01:14)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/CeilometerAndHealthnmon
    (nijaba, 15:01:14)

* nijaba to get in touch with the healthmon team to see what their
  reaction is to our plan for integration  (nijaba, 15:02:11)
  * ACTION: nijaba to get in touch with the healthmon team to see what
    their reaction is to our plan for integration  (nijaba, 15:03:31)

* nijaba to find out if EmilienM wishes to commit on
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-aggregate-average
  (nijaba, 15:03:41)
  * already implemented in v2 api  (nijaba, 15:05:53)
  * ACTION: nijaba to mak this bp as a dep for v2 api  (nijaba,
    15:06:07)

* nijaba to send an email to openstack-dev listing the orphan bps
  (nijaba, 15:06:20)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-January/004398.html
    (nijaba, 15:06:27)

* nijaba to add bp skeleton to remind ourselves to implement higher
  level tests for db backends  (nijaba, 15:06:44)
  * LINK:
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/test-db-backends
    (nijaba, 15:06:55)

* G2 release status  (nijaba, 15:07:21)
  * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1098204  (nijaba,
    15:07:29)
  * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1098206  (nijaba,
    15:07:29)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritJenkinsGithub#Submit_Changes_in_master_to_milestone-proposed
    (ttx, 15:08:44)
  * ACTION: nijaba to prepare a blogpost announcing the release
    (nijaba, 15:11:42)

* Discussion about meters unit's in /meters  (nijaba, 15:12:54)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/18413  (nijaba, 15:13:02)
  * AGREED: use name of for units that provide counts, instead of count
    or each  (nijaba, 15:45:50)
  * ACTION: nijaba to start a thread on ml about unit policy  (nijaba,
    15:46:21)

* Ceilometer and Healthmon  (nijaba, 15:46:37)
  * AGREED: llu-laptop to initiate conversation with healthmon  (nijaba,
    15:50:37)

* Bugshashing day retrospective. what worked, what didn't, what we
  should consider doing differently next time ... etc.  (nijaba,
  15:50:51)
  * AGREED: next bug squashing day on march 5th!  (nijaba, 16:00:52)

* Open Discussion  (nijaba, 16:01:06)

Meeting ended at 16:02:42 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* nijaba
  * nijaba to get in touch with the healthmon team to see what their
    reaction is to our plan for integration
  * nijaba to mak this bp as a dep for v2 api
  * nijaba to prepare a blogpost announcing the release
  * nijaba to start a thread on ml about unit policy

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* nijaba (101)
* dhellmann (72)