[openstack-dev] [quantum] "as_dic" method to be supported by QuantumBase (_make_<db_object>_dict)

Jason Kölker jason at koelker.net
Wed Jan 9 07:09:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Zhongyue Luo <zhongyue.nah at intel.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> This was bothering me for a long time.
>
> But I guess there must be some reason it had to be this way?

There is nothing in the plugin api that says that it has to be using
the sqlalchemy tables, so it has to be denormalized into a primative
for the wsgi api to call back and forth into the plugin.  I am also
not a fan of this, and advocated for the api layer to access the db
directly with sqlalchemy and plugin calls only for
create/update/delete that would be coerced into dicts. Getting
traction for this was however very difficult, so here we are ;).

Happy Hacking!

7-11