[openstack-dev] [Scheduler] New scheduler feature - VM Ensembles

JC Martin jcmartin at ebaysf.com
Tue Jan 8 19:00:17 UTC 2013

Gary,

This is a very interesting feature. I have a question on where the definition of ensembles will reside. It seems from the linked document that the definition of ensemble membership will only reside in Heat.
However, I would think that generic grouping capabilities in Nova would be useful (e.g. to boot a group of VM). I can see that many of such group operations might require the type of scheduling that is available in Heat, but I would prefer that the basic notion of VM group be implemented in Nova, with the right scheduling support, so that it can be available without having Heat deployed and can also be exposed in Horizon more easily.
This could be implemented in a way similar to the host aggregates.

Thanks,

JC