[openstack-dev] [oslo-incubator] pyzmq in test-requires

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Jan 8 15:52:51 UTC 2013

For some time, the ZeroMQ tests have been disabled due to a race condition that would cause occassional failures and would upset Jenkins.

That race condition is now fixed and I'm seeking to have the tests run again.  When I last worked on this, Monty had been working on full-vs-partial dependencies testing such that diffciult dependencies such as ZeroMQ, Qpid, and MySQL that require shared C libraries could be tested separately from the pure-python code that could be easily managed via 'pip'.  However, that work seems to have been reverted.

As such, the only present solution would be, as has happened with MySQL, to put pyzmq directly into test-requires. This would make the pyzmq library and, by extension, the C libzmq library, a requirement for running tests locally (as well as on Jenkins)

I would presume that in doing this, we'd open the door to introducing a Qpid dependency as well.

The following review contains a patch introducing pyzmq to test-requires:
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/19202/

Regards,
Eric Windisch