[openstack-dev] [COMMUNITY] The path to Ask OpenStack

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Feb 28 21:47:34 UTC 2013

[please reply only to community at lists.openstack.org]

hello folks,

we all push to improve how we interact with the OpenStack users, help
newcomers find answers to their questions and ease their path to
adoption. That's why we kickstarted the project Ask OpenStack. We're
installing an instance of Askbot under the openstack.org domain, with
the help of Askbot developers. It will have a custom skin and
authentication based on Launchpad like the rest of our services.

In the first phase it will support English and once we decide that we
like it, we will start adding other languages so users will be able to
ask questions and get answers in their own language.

While the technical part of Ask is being done, I'd like to start talking
about the organization of the content of the site, the static pages,
etc. We'll probably also need moderators and OpenStack experts that can
help answer questions on the site. If you want to help with these tasks
please join the Community mailing list
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/community
where we can discuss the project further.

Thanks,
stef