[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] Agenda for the summit

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Feb 28 02:09:55 UTC 2013

Hi Sam,

That sounds like a great starting list of LBaaS discussion topics.  Once
we're closer to the summit, we'll probably use an etherpad to help organize
our discussion and this seems like a good outline to start from.  Pushing
on more advanced plugin/driver models aimed at VM + HW load balancers is
certainly something that a lot of folks are interested in.

Dan

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Samuel Bercovici <SamuelB at radware.com>wrote:

>  Hi Everyone,****
>
> ** **
>
> The deliveries of LBaaS for Grizzly looks like it will be focused on using
> HAProxy.****
>
> ** **
>
> The following items might  come to mind for discussion in the Havana
> summit:****
>
> **1.       **Review the Grizzly tenant API proposal and discuss what
> should be done for Havana****
>
> **2.       **Review the Driver implementation and discuss next step to
> enable additional solutions and vendors to be added****
>
> **a.       **Driver API****
>
> **b.      **Driver selection****
>
> **c.       **Where should the scheduler be if at all?****
>
> **d.      **Solution models****
>
> **                                                               i.      *
> *Network service (as for Grizzly)****
>
> **                                                             ii.      **Service
> VM****
>
> **                                                            iii.      **Physical
> appliances - decide if/how to connect physical appliances (revisit the Edge
> Gateway semantics proposed in the Grizzly summit?)****
>
> **3.       **Address additional network topologies and capabilities:****
>
> **a.       **LB between two networks****
>
> **b.      **Adding SNAT and DSR on top of the current NAT implementation**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> What do you think?****
>
> ** **