[openstack-dev] Future of orchestration

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:42:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Since I wanted to get this discussion going sooner rather and I promised at
> the last meet-up to do this.
>
> http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/97700872/
>
> I'd like to get feedback on work/design/thoughts that is IMHO very very
> needed in nova (and possible other components).
>
> It's related to orchestration and how a 'structured' orchestration approach
> will make nova more scalable, more reliable and easier to
> maintain/review/develop in the future.
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/the-future-of-orch
>
> P.S.
>
> I seem to have broke a previous etherpad (not really sure how, just would
> say 'loading' and never do anything) @ so hopefully that same kind of
> breaking doesn't happen at the summit. That'd be a sad moment when multiple
> people are editing and it stops working/loading.

Chances are you simply need to refresh the etherpad page.
Etherpad-lite loads a bunch of client side javascript which appears to
try and reload things on its own, but occasionally needs to be hit
with a hammer and forcing a true browser refresh seems to do that.
Usually I see this behavior when etherpad unexpectedly loses network
connectivity to the etherpad server.

Clark